Apistogramma Viejita Pair (store bred)
Our store-bred Apistogramma viejita are kept with the utmost care and shipped when in peak condition.
Tank Size: Depending on the specific species, a tank size of at least 20 gallons is recommended. Some larger species may require larger tanks.
- Temperature: 72-82°F (22-28°C).
- pH Level: Slightly acidic to neutral, around 6.0-7.0.
- Water Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
- Provide hiding spots with caves, rocks, and plants.
- Use a substrate of fine sand or small-sized gravel.
- Maintain a well-filtered aquarium with gentle water flow.
- Omnivorous diet; offer high-quality flake or pellet food.
- Supplement with live or frozen foods like brine shrimp, bloodworms, and small invertebrates.
- Apistogrammas can be territorial, especially during breeding.
- Compatible tank mates include small, peaceful species.
- Perform regular water changes (20-30% every 2 weeks).
- Monitor water parameters consistently.
- Many Apistogramma species exhibit fascinating behaviors, especially during breeding.
- They may form pairs or live in small groups, depending on the species.
- Avoid aggressive or fin-nipping tank mates.
- Consider the social structure of the specific Apistogramma species.
- Apistogrammas are known for their interesting breeding behaviors.
- Provide suitable breeding caves and spaces for fry to hide.
- Observe for signs of stress or disease.
- Quarantine new additions to prevent potential diseases.